How I can help you
Jim provides consulting and strategic planning to help business owners develop and execute strategies to achieve both business and personal goals.
Jim is a valued and trusted advisor to businesses and their owners. He focuses on strategic issues such as formation of business enterprises, mergers and acquisitions, business dispositions, succession planning, and management transition. His style is characterized by creativity, thoughtful analysis, practical solutions, trust, and integrity. He has applied his technical and business management expertise and experience as an advisor and equally important, directly as a senior level corporate manager/ executive within various companies, to define and effectuate change in organizational direction.
Application of Jim's experience includes:
- CEO & shareholder of Milwaukee area manufacturer of parts and components for OEM customers. Negotiated purchase of company and initiated programs to meet evolving demands from an international customer base; achieved ISO certification.
- Vice President of Wisconsin based manufacturing company and financial advisor/manager to owner. Developed and managed all investment and banking relationships. Negotiated and conducted sale of North Carolina division.
- Developed strategic plan for medical services company, expanding company from a local area provider to a three-state 17 office regional provider. Assumed role as CEO upon illness of major shareholder/president. Conducted sale of company to Benchmark Medical. Advisory board member and shareholder.
- Director of Finance at a dental services provider and insurance company, creating a multi-office dental services provider network and insurer. Assisted in sale to national buyer.
- Lead strategic planning for Southeastern Wisconsin law firm, conducted a search for and managed a merger with a prominent regional firm.
- CEO and President of WI based not for profit organization dedicated to teaching personal financial literacy and economic freedom.
- CPA with Arthur Young & Co and then BDO, where he held senior management/partner positions. Later he started his own firm.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Transportation & Warehousing
- Professional & Business Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
BBA degree in Accounting from University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee; CPA Certification